- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar optional
- 2 cans (28 oz each) baked beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 4 quart, heavy bottom, oven-safe pot (like a Dutch oven) over medium heat, add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink. Drain the excess liquid.
- Add cooked bacon crumbles, brown sugar, baked beans, barbecue sauce and dijon mustard. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. (When done, the beans should be hot and bubbly and thickened.) Serve warm.