Pumpkin Bacon Gnocchi
- 4 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon chopped
- 1 package potato gnocchi about 16 oz.
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk any kind
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 fresh sage or basil leaves
- ground black pepper to taste
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Add sage or basil and garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin puree to skillet, whisking constantly. Once heated, slowly pour in the milk, while continuing to whisk. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, add gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi floats to the surface.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan, pepper, and nutmeg into the simmering sauce.
- Drain the gnocchi. Toss gnocchi in serving bowl with the sauce. Top with remaining 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese.
Add extra sage or basil leaves or bacon pieces for garnish.