For the salad
- 12 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp warm bacon grease reserved from cooking the bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, cook bacon and save the grease.
- Mix the warm bacon grease, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in a bowl until combined.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a serving bowl.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss. Serve immediately.
Other fruits can be added for flavor as well.