Creamy Ham & BaconFarfalle
- 8 oz farfalle
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlci minced
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 c. half & half
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. ham diced
- 1 c. Indiana Kitchen Bacon, cooked crumbled
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions.
- To make the creamy alfredo sauce, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms. Whisk in flour about 1 minute more.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, thyme and basil. Whisk constantly until well blended, about 2 minutes. Stir in half and half and parmesan until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add more half and half if the sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta, ham, bacon and peas. Toss gently until well combined. Garnish with parsley.