Maple Bacon Ice Cream
- 1/2 lbs. Indiana Kitchen bacon
- ~1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cooling rack over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. (This is for easy cleanup.)
- Coat both sides of the bacon with brown sugar, then place on the prepared cooling rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon looks caramelized and crispy. Be careful that they don't burn! Cool the bacon on parchment paper.
- Whip the cream with a whisk or hand mixer until it forms sturdy peaks. Make sure you whip only until peaks form. Overwhipping will turn your ice cream into butter!
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and maple extract until well combined. Then pour into a large casserole or baking dish. A loaf pan also works well.
- Chop the candied bacon and sprinkle over the ice cream. Freeze for 6+ hours.
- To serve, drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!