Ham Penne Pasta
- 3 cups Indiana Kitchen ham cubed
- 1 package (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham, pepper and onion and cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ham is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and herbs and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add pasta; toss to combine. Top with cheese.