Roast Pork Loin with Cranberry Sauce
- 3 - 3 1/2 lb. Indiana kitchen pork loin
- 1 medium sliced red onion
- 1 medium Granny Smith apples cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce 15 oz.
- additional fresh herbs for garnish
- additional fresh cranberries for garnish
- Preheat 425 degrees F. Place the sliced apples, onions, and part of the fresh herbs in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the pork on top, fat side up. Pour the balsamic vinegar evenly over the pork. Rest for 20 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Season and/or rub the pork with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top the pork with additional rosemary and thyme sprigs. Roast on the center rack for 60 minutes.
- Pour the cranberry sauce over the pork after roasting for 1 hour. Return to the oven and roast approximately 30 more minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees).
- Remove from oven and wrap with aluminium foil. Let rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving. Add garnishes. Enjoy!