Grilled Romaine Salad
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 heads romaine lettuce cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese grated
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy. Add in a tablespoon or two of water to thin out the dressing. Use the back of a spoon to press some of the blue cheese crumbles into the dressing for even more flavor.
- Preheat a grill or indoor grill pan to high. Add your bacon to a large skillet and cook until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Brush the romaine with olive oil and place it cut-side down on the grill. Quickly sear until grill marks are visible and remove from grill.
- Top each grilled romaine head with bacon, tomatoes, pecorino and blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!