Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits
- 7 slices Indiana Kitchen thick-cut bacon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain excess grease. Chop into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a food processor, combine butter with the dry ingredients until it resembles a coarse meal. Add in cheese, chives, and bacon. Mix.
- Stir in buttermilk until moistened. Using a measuring cup or ice cream scoop, drop 1/2 cup of batter at a time on to the lined baking sheet, spacing the batter about 2 inches apart so the biscuits have room to expand as they bake.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.