Tangy Spring Green Salad
- 2 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon diced
- 1 1/4 lb mixed young spring greens
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 hot red chili seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon in the olive oil over medium heat, stir until golden, around 3 minutes.
- Add shallot, chili and mustard seeds and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mixed young spring greens and season with salt and pepper. Cook it by tossing it frequently until tender, 5-6 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and serve.