- 8 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 1 10 oz. package frozen peas thawed
- 1 medium head baby lettuce chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 15 oz. can corn drained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbs butter
- 5 tbs sour cream (or parmesan cheese, for garnish)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add peas, chopped lettuce and green onions. Saute vegetables, stirring frequently, until the white parts of the green onions become translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, fry bacon to desired doneness. Then set aside on a plate lined with paper towel. Once cooled, crumble the bacon and save for garnish.
- Puree soup mixture in blender in 1-cup batches. Return to pan. Add corn and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crumbled bacon and dollop of sour cream or parmesan cheese as garnish.