- 4 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 2-1/2 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small head cabbage chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil. Then cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, saving the drippings. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Sauté the cabbage and onion in the bacon drippings until soft and translucent. (Keeping the pan covered helps the vegetables cook faster.)
- Drain the cooked potatoes. Then mash with milk and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the bacon, cabbage, and onions.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Make a divot in the center and pour in the melted butter. Serve.