Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4 to 5 lbs Indiana Kitchen Boston Butt Pork Shoulder
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt add more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Layer the bottom of slow-cooker with garlic and onions and add chicken broth.
- Combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Pat dry the pork with paper towel then rub spice mixture all over meat.
- Place pork on top of garlic and onions. Cover and cook until pork is fork tender, approximately 6 to 8 hours on high, 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Remove pork from slow-cooker and place on cutting board. Remove and discard bone. Pull pork apart with two forks, discarding any large pieces of fat.
- Pour remaining slow-cooker liquid into a heatproof bowl through a strainer. Place solids back into slow cooker. Save liquid if desired.
- Return pulled-pork to slow-cooker set on warm. If using barbeque sauce, combine with meat now. If not, use strained liquid, adding ¼ cup at a time until pork is just moistened.