Cheesy Egg and Bacon Breakfast Bombs
- 1 (16 oz) package Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- 16 frozen yeast dinner roll dough balls
- flour for dusting
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeño diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place bacon on baking sheet and cook 15-25 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Remove from oven, allow to cool and chop into bite size pieces.
- While bacon cooks, in medium bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until completely combined. Spray small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and stir occasionally until eggs are scrambled and no liquid is left in the pan, about 3-4 minutes. Do not cook until eggs are completely dry. Set aside to cool.
- Place dinner rolls on microwave safe plate and microwave on defrost for about 3-4 minutes (or until dough is no longer frozen, but not cooked). Butter a 9-inch pie plate or a 9″x9″ baking pan and set aside.
- Lightly flour counter top. Toss 1 piece of dough in flour and flatten and stretch dough to about 3-4” across. Sprinkle one tablespoon of cheese over dough and press into dough with palm of your hand. Onto the center of the dough round, place one tablespoon eggs, one tablespoon bacon, 1/2 teaspoon jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon red peppers. Pull top and bottom edges of dough together and then pull left and right edges, pinching dough together to create a ball. If the ball won’t seal, tap fingertips into flour and crimp edges together to seal. Place dough ball in prepared dish. Repeat until all breakfast bombs are complete.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and place sprayed side down on breakfast bombs. Refrigerate until morning or proceed with instructions (bake times vary).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Bake for 40-45 minutes until tops are golden brown and breakfast bombs are no longer doughy. Check around 25 minutes, if it is starting to brown too quickly, cover with foil. To test for doneness, pull one of the edge pieces out, if still doughy cook it for another 5 minutes. If baking without refrigeration, bake time will be 30-35 minutes.
- While breakfast bombs bake, make the garlic herb butter. Melt butter in small bowl in microwave, about 30 seconds, or until melted. Add garlic, parsley and salt; stir with pastry brush. Remove breakfast bombs from oven and brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!