Vietnamese Banh Mi Sandwich
- 1 lb Indiana Kitchen boneless pork loin sliced
- 4 8-inch bread rolls or baguettes
- 1 medium carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 small cucumber peeled and sliced into 3-inch strips
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Cut pork tenderloin into thin slices. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add slices; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Combine the sweet chili sauce with soy sauce; pour over pork. Reduce heat to medium and stir until sauce is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Then remove it from the heat.
- Combine lettuce and carrot with rice vinegar; set aside. When pork is cool enough to handle, slice into 2-in.-long strips; return to skillet to coat with sauce. Toast bread lightly, then spread with mayonnaise.
- Spoon pork evenly over the bread. Cover with lettuce-carrot mixture, cucumber, cilantro, green onions and jalapeno. Top with remaining sweet chili sauce. Fold bread and serve immediately with Sriracha sauce.