- 1 lb. Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts 8 oz. cans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. ketchup
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap each third around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1 baking pan or square pan. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes.
- While bacon-wrapped chestnuts crisp in the oven, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup and brown sugar. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, place the bacon-wrapped chestnuts on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Then dip in the ketchup mixture. Place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Spoon any remaining ketchup sauce over the chestnuts. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.