Mexican Street Tacos
- 4-5 lbs. Indiana Kitchen Pork Shoulder Boston Butt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle hot sauce optional
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small white onion diced
- 10 small corn tortillas
- other toppings as you like such as guacamole, salsa, avocado, or lime juice
- Place the pork shoulder in a slow cooker. Roughly chop, or mince, the garlic and add to the slow cooker too.
- Sprinkle with salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon and cayenne. Rub seasoning into the pork.
- Add lime juice, orange juice, beer and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks. It should be tender and fall away easily.
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place the meat and pour some sauce from the crockpot over the top. Broil for 5-10 minutes, or until charred how you prefer.
- Build your tacos in tortillas with fresh cilantro, onion and other toppings!