- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz.
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. grated romano cheese
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
- 6-8 slices Indiana Kitchen Bacon, cooked crumbled
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1-2 fresh sage leaves
- Drain pumpkin in a mesh sleeve lined with cheesecloth for at least 1 hour. Before using, squeeze cheesecloth to release most of the liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together strained pumpkin, eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 c. of the Parmesan, romano, salt and pepper. Set aside until a later step.
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions, reserving 1/2 c. pasta cooking water. Cook the bacon, and keep the fat in the pan! Add the sage leaves to the warm bacon fat until aromatic.
- Working quickly, whisk 1/4 c. reserved pasta water into the pumpkin and egg mixture. After draining the pasta, put back in large pot. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the noodles. To thin out the sauce, add more reserved pasta water.
- Add 2 Tbsp. reserved bacon fat and sage, and stir. Stir in the bacon bits. Add salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!