Maple Bacon Popcorn
- 12 slices Indiana Kitchen bacon
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Drain on paper towels and crumble finely. Pour fat from skillet into measuring cup. If you do not have 1/4 cup of fat, add vegetable oil until you have a 1/4 cup. Set the skillet aside.
- Pour the fat into a stockpot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and give a shake to coat in oil. Cover the pot and allow popcorn to pop, shaking frequently until the popcorn has almost stopped popping, about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cover.
- In the bacon skillet, melt the butter and maple syrup over medium-low heat. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Pour syrup and bacon mixture over the popcorn. Toss well to coat all of the popcorn. Add a little salt and serve immediately.